66. I saw those men who from pride valued themselves too highly; their garments ludicrously were in fire enveloped.
67. I saw those men who had many false words of others uttered: Hel's ravens from their heads their eyes miserably tore.
68. All the horrors thou wilt not get to know which Hel's inmates suffer. Pleasant sins end in painful penalties : pains ever follow pleasure.
69. I saw those men who had much given for God's laws; pure lights were above their heads brightly burning.
70. I saw those men who from exalted mind helped the poor to aid: angels read holy books above their heads.
66. Menn sá ek ţá, er af mikillćti virđusk vánum framar;
klćđi ţeira váru kynliga eldi um slegin.
67. Menn sá ek ţá, er margt höfđu orđ á annan logit;
heljar hrafnar ór höfđi ţeim harđliga sjónir slitu.
68. Allar ógnir fćr ţú eigi vitat, ţćr sem helgengnir hafa;
sćtar syndir verđa at sárum bótum; ć koma mein eftir munuđ.
69. Menn sá ek ţá, er margt höfđu gefit at guđs lögum;
hreinir kyndlar váru yfir höfđi ţeim brenndir bjartliga.
70. Menn sá ek ţá, er af miklum hug veittu fátćkum frama;
lásu englar bćkr ok ymna skrift helgar yfir höfđi ţeim.